I'm the author of Software Architecture for Developers; a developer-friendly guide to software architecture, technical leadership and the balance with agility. I'm also the creator of the C4 software architecture model and the founder of Structurizr, a collection of tooling to help software teams visualise, document and explore their software architecture.
I speak at software development conferences, meetups and organisations around the world; delivering keynotes, presentations, training courses and workshops. In 2013, I won the IEEE Software sponsored SATURN 2013 "Architecture in Practice" Presentation Award for my presentation about the conflict between agile and architecture. Some of the slides from past talks are available to view online/download, and there are many videos of my talks available online, most of which can be found on YouTube.
Visualising software architecture with the C4 model
Agile on the Beach 2019 - Falmouth, England - July 2019
GOTO Berlin 2018 - Berlin, Germany - November 2018
The model-code gap
SCLConf 2018 - London, England - October 2018
Software Architecture for Developers
YOW! Conference - Brisbane, Australia - December 2017
Visualise, document and explore your software architecture
OpenSlava - Bratislava, Slovakia - October 2017
The art of visualising software architecture
Voxxed Days Athens - Athens, Greece - May 2017
Agile and architecture; finally friends
ING Loves IT - Bucharest, Romania - April 2017
Although most of the work that I do is on-site with organisations (I have clients in over 30 countries), I do speak at a number of public events. Here is my recent and future public speaking schedule:
- YOW! Melbourne 2019 in Melbourne, Australia [December 10th-13th; workshop and talk].
- YOW! Brisbane 2019 in Brisbane, Australia [December 9th-10th; talk].
- YOW! Sydney 2019 in Sydney, Australia [December 3rd-6th; workshop and talk].
- Oslo Software Architecture Meetup in Oslo, Norway [November 14th; talk].
- Software Architecture Day with Simon Brown in Cluj-Napoca, Romania [October 21st; workshop].
- Software Architecture Day with Simon Brown in Iași, Romania [October 18th; workshop].
- Software Architecture Day with Simon Brown in Timișoara, Romania [October 16th; workshop].
- Software Craftsmanship Conference London 2019 in London, England [October 4th; talk].
- Agile Belgium meetup in Brussels, Belgium [September 23rd; talk].
- Visualizing software architecture with the C4 Model online via Safari [August 2nd; training].
- Software architecture for developers online via Safari [August 1st; training].
- Agile on the Beach 2019 in Falmouth, England [July 11th and 12th; talk].
- BCS SPA Conference 2019 in London, England [June 24th or 25th; keynote].
- Trifork Tech Update Amsterdam in Amsterdam, The Netherlands [May 16th; talk].
- "Software Architecture for Developers" at GOTO Academy in Amsterdam, The Netherlands [May 16th/17th; workshop].
- Technical Agile Conference in Gothenburg, Sweden [May 13/14th; workshop and talk].
- Build IT Right 2019 in Newcastle, England [April 4th; keynote].
- Visualizing software architecture with the C4 Model online via Safari [April 2nd; training].
- Software architecture for developers online via Safari [April 1st; training].
- Meetup organised by Sourcelabs and bol.com in Utrecht, The Netherlands [March 26th; talk].
- Visualizing software architecture with the C4 Model online via Safari [January 18th; training].
- Colegio Profesional de Ingenieros en Informática de Castilla y León in Valladolid, Spain [January 12th; workshop].
- Software architecture for developers online via Safari [January 7th; training].
I run software architecture workshops at organisations across the globe, the content of which is based upon my Software Architecture for Developers books. These workshops, aimed at software developers and architects, are a guide to modern software architecture that's pragmatic rather than academic, and lightweight rather than "enterprisey". They are occasionally run publicly via training providers or conferences but most are private, on-site workshops held directly with organisations.
Please see architectis.je for more information.